Getting it on with Prog

Looks like there has not been a STEADY progressive rock thread here since 2006.

If you refrain from trolling me, I'm up for posting mini (one or two sentence) "reviews" of lps likely some of you are not aware of.

You're welcome to add your own reviews, with one stipulation:
I realize this is an audio forum ,so please refrain from the obvious which has been done to death  (like Genesis,Yes,Focus...)

And I don't want to hear no bloody  Porcupine Tree , Mars Volta,Dream Theater ,Tool, or bleeding Steven Wilson.
sammmmmmy
Not prog rock but many recordings done by jazz organist Jimmy Smith also from back in the olden days deliver superbly recorded electric organ front and center (or actually usually more to the left or right).

Many famous Jazz musicians in general from that era were very progressive musically.

Like you say,not prog but progheads' main Jimmy lp want would be "Rootdown". Also one of the rarest.

The prog-sounding lp would have to be "Peter & The Wolf" .

Smith did not use Leslies.
Rare Bird fanatic here, I enjoy the guitar oriented stuff too, Steve Gould criminally underappreciated vocalist, right up there with Greg Lake, John Wetton etc. He did an album with Dave Greenslade 'Cactus Choir' and for some unknown reason changed his vocal style, it mostly sux.

Also have Graham Fields solo album 'Fields' with Andy McCullogh on drums, it's pretty good but doesn't reach the heights of the Bird.

Methinks keyboardist Dave Kaffenetti from Rare Bird was the drummer in Spinal Tap, piece of trivia.
My prog interest in brewed by Rush and Marillion so I'm not as prog steeped as many others who have posted, but what bothers me most about this thread is how the OP feels compelled to judge anyone's contribution, as if he's the prog wizard to whom people are making offerings.

Not to mention something like this:
"Don't call anyone "dude".
Its disrespectful and low talk."
Dude is as common in the current vernacular as any other slang term; and as Audiogon forum is a casual language vehicle, there's nothing wrong with it. Get over your sensibilities, dude.

@richmon and @mapman were right - there are other forums for this depth of prog, especially if you're having a spitting context about who's more prog.
Thanks for all the recommendations guys. I just picked up a CD copy of Sindelfigen, Odgipig. The seller probably marveled that anyone would actually buy it!