Getting into tubes - need guidance

Guys, need your help here. I am getting back (been married too long) into music and am really confused between tubes and hybrids. I like warm sound as bright sound is just too tiring. Also, I do listen to rock in adition to some jazz and blues.

I have shortlised the Rogue Cronus but have also tried the Pathos Classic One and TT. Cronus vs Classic One through Audio Physic Yara speakers, i felt the cronus was much crisper without being bright while in comparision the Pathos sounded more "muffled". I also looked at the TT which i have not been able to compare vs cronus so cant judge on sound quality. There is a large price difference between those two and i dont know if that would be justified on sound quality alone.

so 1st question - Is it worth even considering the Pathos TT (looks great) given the additional cost or is the sound quality so much better than cronus?

2nd question - I plan to hang on to the equipment for a number of years so is it better to go all tube or do hybrids offer any advantage

3dr question - i tried Avalon np2 speakers and I found the avalon's far superior to the Audio Physic Yara's. however, i need to place my speakers close to edge of the room. will the avalons allow such flexibility? Also i have not tried the avalons with the cronus (only with Pathos) - will they match?

Thanks for your help.
sumeetlamba

Showing 1 response by buconero117

Really look into the Cayin/VAS line. Great sound, value and support. Go with pure tube units, foget the hybirds for now. If you become satisfied with pure tubes, you don't need to look further.