Getting friends to listen to your stereo

My main stereo is very good but except for a couple of friends who are into the gear and music like I am ,it is tough to get to get somebody to simply sit down and listen for music for an hour or so even if they listen to music on a casual basis daily. I usually get comments like "wow that really sounds nice" or "it's almost like you are there". I will play music they like or request but after a couple songs it usually devolves into a talking session. I use a sound level meter and keep the levels between 80-85 dba so it can't be a volume issue. When I was younger ,I regularly got together with friends for music either at my place or theirs to share music, drinks and maybe tryout some speakers, amps etc. Yes, I understand that as you get older there are more constraints on one's time and everybody has different priorities but I always make time to listen to music and with the equipment available today, it is simply amazing the sound one can get in their homes even for a modest expenditure. Is it just me or do some of you experience the same thing?
128x128lwin

Showing 1 response by jsd52756