Get a DAC for CD63SE or a new CD?

I have upgraded my downstream electronics and would like to upgrade my primary digital source. Would it be better to upgrade my present CD or consider a new CD. No phono input and no plans to go HT. Thank you for your opinions and advice.
scmca
My 2 cents worth. I am a former owner of a CD63SE which I sold in favor of a DVD player as a transport. I loved the CD player but found it a bit bright at times. I first bought a MSB Link DAC and a digital cable from Millersound in Pennsylvania. I found the combination to be excellent. You can find a Link DAC for around $250-$300 used without looking too hard. I love mine and have no desire to trade it. I do wonder if I should have sold the CD63SE though...Some people you talk to will knock DAC's because of jitter, etc. I only know that the combination in my system along with my Jolida integrated tube amp and Silver Bullet 4.0 interconnects makes me very happy. Good luck. Dan
What other components do you have?How much are you ready to spend?For now I can only say that transport is just as important as a converter.I,myself would either go with much better player or upgrade in two steps.
Thanks for the input Mikhail, the preamp is a Chiro 800, the power amp is a Chiro C-200, the budget is $1,000.
The Monarchy DAC's are very natural AND dynamic. Awesome value. The 63SE is a nice sounding player. You system has to be up to it to appreciate differences in Hi end digital.
Try the Bel Canto Dac-1. I purchased one two weeks ago after auditioning at my home on my equipment a number of dacs and DVD units. What the Dac-1 does for your system is unbelievable. Check out the wedsite: http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/belcanto_dac1.htm and the follow up. Also: belcantodesign.com Email me with any questions you have. Regards, Larry