General Initial Impressions--Genalex Gold Lion KT88 Reissue

I've been on a tear of tube rolling with no end other than to try things out and see how I like them.  

I am trying out the Genalex Gold Lion KT88 reissues--8 of them--in a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP integrated.  I mated them with 4 Cifte 12AU7s and 2 Baldwin (likely early 60s) 12AU7s.  

I made the mistake of not changing my selector switch from EL34 to KT88 during the first 20 hours of listening to the Gold Lion KT88s.  Regardless, I thought they sounded pretty great out of the box with the EL34 setting.  

It's still early in the process so I'm not 100% certain of everything. My initial impression is that these offer the sweetness of EL34 midrange while extending most of the sound spectrum.  There's a good bit of air on the top and mid to upper level detail is superb.  Compared to the EL34 reissues, I think the bass is a touch softer yet more defined--yet this is early and I need to compare with recordings that are tattooed on my aural memory before making final conclusions. 

Overall, I'd say this reissue is a damn fine tube.  I'm not finding any noticeable shortcomings or faults.  Everything is musical and enjoyable.  Smooth is the order of the day with this tube, yet it's not sleepy or droopy. It's a nice mix, in my mind's eye, of vintage and modern.  I really like them.  

I bought a matched octet from Upscale, but I didn't have these cryoed like most others I've bought. 

I'm super curious to hear about other users' experiences. 
128x128jbhiller
A couple of questions since I'm going to purchase a PL amp in the ne t couple of weeks. 

1. Is Cryogenic about extending Tube life?

2. Are the Primaluna brand tubes a good start to experiment with. The amp I am looking at comes with KT88's. I'm also thinking of a set of basic EL34s to see which I prefer. I was going to but the PL house branded tube or the Mullards. 
I think the PL are decent tubes to start with as they are voiced for the amp. If there is something you don't like about the sound then you can change to tubes. Just my 2 cents.
@samzx12 

Great question-- Can you please tell me what were your initial impressions of the GL KT88 and what didn't you like about the stock EL PL EL34?  

I found replacement reissue Mullard EL34s to be better than the PL EL 34s.  I was really impressed with them.  They were rich and creamy in the midrange.  I think the GL KT88 may have a bit more range across the spectrum, BUT I need to go back and hear them again.  Honestly, both the Mullard reissue EL34 and the GL KT88 seem better than the stock PL EL34.  I think the stock PL was well behaved but didn't draw me in too much.  I'm going to have to go back and compare the 3 over a few sessions though because my aural memory fades after about a week or two. 
Thank you very much jbhiller. It is nice to hear what others think about a particular tube characteristic.  I have a quad of GL KT88 arriving tomorrow. A quad popped up on here after I posted my question so guess I will find out soon. The PL EL34 does have a very nice midrange and tone but after awhile I feel like something is missing. I am wanting more and I can't put my finger on it.   I also have the Mullard EL34's reissue and I need to roll them back in soon. I do like them but after listening for a few sessions they were missing something but can't remember what it was. Possibly I didn't have enough hours on them yet.   Like you my aural memory fades over time unless I have tons and tons of hours listening to a particular setup. I am hoping I really like the GL KT88 and will update once I get a feel for them. They basically are new and have no more than 3 hours so the fun starts over lol.
@wolf_garcia I have the Jolida 502A and I am beginning the power tube quest. I have read some of your posts about your beloved Jolida. You went all the places I am wanting to go...KT120's, 150's and now you are back to the KT88's. 

I have been running KT88 reissue Mullards for a few years and feel they may need an update. 

From what you have been through I may try the Gold Lions based on your opinions. 

If you have any more info feel free to pass it along to me :-)

db