GEM Dandy Record Cleaner - Has Anyone Tried It ?

Have you read this review of George Merrill's record cleaner in the latest 6Moons.com?http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/gem/dandy.html

Best ever record cleaner (according to the reviewer) and uses ordinary tap water for the rinse. Exclusively for garage sale purchases, or would you have the nerve to try it on an audiophile reissue, too?
randyk
I suppose it might just depend on how the tap water in your area is.

The idea actually seems similar to a homemade cleaning machine I saw recently - it spun the disc on a rotor and dipped it into a jewelry cleaning machine. It didn't seem like a bad idea, although it could only clean 7" records.
I'm completely amused by the Merrill cleaning machine. I guarantee you, if I was a kid with no budget and a love for LP's. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I have no idea how well it works, but I'll wager it's miles ahead of doing nothing and many people do "nothing" because LP cleaning machines (on the whole) are very expensive.

Good for him and good review.
Funny I sent this item yesterday to my good friend who has a Walker just like Alberts...hiya Albert :).
Anyway he was thinking of trying the steam clean process for his records and I thought the stand would be great for holding records during that process.