Garrard 401 or Thorens Td 124 II

With rock and blues music, better Garrard 401 or Thorens TD 124 II?

Thanks!
nic10
Never got to listen to a 401 but I heard plenty 301. I prefer it over the 124 as I had owned three before and sold them all. Never got it to work right and was noisy. Simply didn't care for it but I wish I kept it long enough to capitalize on the rising collectors price. The 301 can sound really good and has the quintessential idler tone. Too expensive for me. Just a few days ago I finally got a Lenco set up for some listen. All I can say is... awesome. I still prefer my direct-drive turntables but the Lenco is fun to listen to due to that big fat juicy idler TONE. It's inimitable. Yes, sonically I prefer the Lenco over all the other idler tables I've heard.
Re: Gilbodavid's post... that's my point. bang for buck lenco is up there with the 401s and 124s....once suitably plinthed etc.
i had a 401, now have a modded lenco that was better (not by much) with a OL Silver arm in my system.
I own a TD 124 beige, and I'm very happy with it. I'm using it with an SME 345 and Koetsu Black with excellent results. I rebuilt the motor with new felt and bushings and installed new spindle bearing bushings, silicon nitride ball bearing and thrust plate. The next thing on the list is a chassis refinish, if I'm up to the task.

It replaced a Diva II with the same 345 arm I'm using on the Thorens. They're more fiddly than a modern table, but well worth it.

I've not heard the 401, but I've been told they have more bass slam, but without the refined upper frequencies. I'm sure that's subjective.
I have a turntable with drive belt, SOTA Cosmos. I would want a second turntable with wheel mechanism.

Thanks!
how did you come to this short list? If idlers are your thing... try lenco and spend the savings on more lps! :)