Garrard 301

I have recently brought my late Dad's 301 from Ireland to the USA. I hear that even with the 60 cycle change the etchings on the side of the platster will be wrong. Has anyone worked around this without completely replacing the platter?

Many thanks,

If you want to use your original European strobe platter to check speed here in the States, there is a battery powered strobe light that is made to work with the 50Hz Garrard platter.
I heard that several people just buy the "PS Audio P300II+ with Multiwave". You can change the voltage and the frequency. Do some research on it..

Look here: Keystrobe Turntable Essentials

These folks make a replacement strobe and pulsar unit for Garrard 301, 401 and 124 decks that negates the need for frequency-specific platters. They seem to be reasonably priced as well. I am contemplating a 401 rebuild project and I plan to use this unit.