GaN amps: Peachtree or LSA Voyager?

Peachtree 400 and LSA Voyager GaN amps: Does anyone have direct experience with both of these amps? Can you comment on any differences that might exist in sound? I know the internals are supposed to be the same but even if that is true implementation can make a difference. Both are highly regarded by those who own them.

Might also be helpful if you listed the rest of your system (Pre and speakers).

My current system is: Bricasti M3 DAC; Rogue RP-7 (NOS) pre; Bel Canto Ref600M amps; Fyne F1-8 speakers.

Thanks in advance!

markmuse

@markmuse 

appreciate the initial comparison of AVA225 and LSA Voyager.  You say you didn’t expect the two amps to be so close.  Curious which one you expected to sound better?

First, since I wrote this I discovered a noise problem that might or might not have to do with the LSA, don't know yet. It could be the tubes in my preamp. I will follow up today and post the results. The LSA is second hand, not new. If it is the amp it is going back for sure. I suspect the amp because in my experience tube noise is constant regardless of volume setting. This noise was not apparent at listening levels but at full volume even from my listening position is was very apparent. It was not just hiss, and the left channel was worse. 

@niodari  No problems with the HF. Smooth, clean, and delicate at listening levels.

@rc22  I didn't have expectations that I am aware of. I prefer the looks of the AVA, cute little shoebox size monoblocks. 

Difficult to evaluate amps without including type of pre-amp and its significant influence. I am thinking of combining a Gan Amp with a tube pre but having second thoughts as to some of the comments as to speaker compatibility. May settle on some tried and true combos. But I may have a new room to consider first. 

I'm happy (sort of) to report that the noise problem is my preamp, NOT the Voyager. Now I have to figure out what to do about the pre. Replacing tubes in it is a PITA because I have to pull the unit from the cabinet, disconnect all, and remove the entire housing to get at the tubes.

Recommendations for preamps from those with a Voyager? @yyzsantabarbara 

@jpwarren58 That is my current rig. Rogue RP-7 NOS > Voyager

@markmuse Funny you should ask. My CODA 07x preamp was great with the Voyager. Read up on the CODA 07x. It is a slightly warm and tube fans love it. I am an SS fan but I really like it too.

I am debating selling my complete Livingroom system (which includes the CODA 07x) to buy the active KEF LS60 speaker. I would not need any other gear with this. If I keep that system I would need to get more gear to finish it off, KEF Blade2 or REF 1 speaker, DAC, additional Benchmark AHB2 amp.

I also tried the $799 Topping pre90 preamp with the Voyager and it had volume issues. The Benchmark LA4 (my keeper preamp) sounds like the pre90 but does not have the volume issues of the pre90. However, with the Voyager it maybe too much of a good thing for some folks. Too much detail and maybe too sterile a sound.

I had sold my Voyager before I owned the Schitt Freya+ preamp. That preamp will likely be very good with the Voyager. I say that because I really liked the Benchmark AHB2 | Freya+ | RAAL SR1a headphones. The AHB2 and Voyager (modded) sound very similar. The CODA 07x is better than the Freya+ but it costs more.