Gallo Ref 3 and CJ Premier 350

I had my Gallos for sale but just got my CJ Premier 350 and pulled my ad out. This amp just makes the Gallos perform at another level and I've only had it for 3 days. Sounding better everyday. I'm not good with words to describe performance but I have decided not to look for another speaker.
128x128jinrum8
This interests me greatly.Had a pair of REef2's that had good aspects to sound but always kind of sounded "gimmicky".Plus I sold them because Gallo did not have replacement tweeters only two or three years after speaker run ended.Thought that was bad back up/customer service.Now 6Moons and TAS give great reviews and Gallo ads have a dealer saying he's never had a speaker fly out of his place the way the Ref3's have.But another dealer had a pair for sale here on A'gon (must have goten one to see how it would do) and said that Thiel and B&W way outperformed them at price point and couldn't believe the TAS write up.So who's to believe?They must make some impression intially because they have sold but now there are many up for sale.So now maybe they aren't the holy grail we have all been waiting for.Just know that nothing has made as much buzz in years as the Ref 3's and the NHT Xd system.But look how at the Infintiy Prelude which Fremmer gave a great review (if you liked uncollored speakers) and at $10K were the cheapest set of speakers on Stereophiles Class A list at $10K.Now you can pick them up new for a little over half that and used for $3500.But hope that mopre owners respinf about the Gallo 3's and talks about match ups.Some speakers are more sensitive and chnge their sound with diferent amps than others.Are tubes the answer?Or are they a product that make a great firest impression but don't hold up.Find this to be the case when a product (especially speakers) has a markedly "diferent" sound which we intially think is beter but later discover is only different not beter.If you have the Gallo's speak up!
Chazzbo
Chazzbo, you sure are hard to convince. What, exactly, will it take, and why should we bother?

:-)
I'm amazed with the Gallos too. The reviews have all pretty much stated though, that they respond best to good electronics, especially those with big power reserves. That being said, I love my Gallos and think they sound terrific. I'm glad you got to hear yours as they can truly sound. Good enough to keep. I would recommend the additional aftermarket stands though. They bring the sound out in a whole new way.
Enjoy,
Dave
Jinrum8

Congrats on your purchase of the CJ 350. It is an outstanding amp but does require about 200 hours of run in time. CJ says 100 but I have found mine improving beyond the 100 hour point. The amp is simply amazing at its ability to develop large amounts of power (current) with so much finesse and detail. I am currently driving Thiel 3.6's with my premier 350. I have owned it for about a year and do not see myself changing amps for a long time.

Chuck
What does the 350 cost anyway? Can't remember seeing any reviews of it yet, and CJ's website provides few details (as usual). I recently got a McCormack DNA-500 from a member who's using the 350 now, and though he thinks highly of both amps you can see which he sold and which he kept.