Gallo Acoustics Reference III vs. Hyperion HPS-938

Has anyone had a chance to compare these two? A friend of mine is looking at new floorstanders and these are my recommendations because they seem to be comparable in the following areas:
-New technology that works
-Reasonable prices: Gallo's are $3,600 with BAM, Hyperion's are $4,000
-Relatively full range, especially the Gallo's with BAM producing low 22Hz-25Hz
-Relatively compact in size
-Relatively easy to drive
-Good to great workmanship

In the case of the Gallo's, there will be a matching center released in 2005 in case my friend decides to go 3.0 to 5.1 Multi-Channel in the future.

What are your thoughts? Thanks.
gaudio_eek

Showing 4 responses by gaudio_eek

Andy2, it's a formal review. Go to the following pages. It even got the Blue Moon Award.
Kkm, I read it differently.
Srajan used to own Triangles. They are known to be slightly forward in their presentation. He now owns Avantguarde and Gallo which, according to some of his descriptions, have a more assertive character. He found the Hyperions a little too polite.
This is how I interpreted his reviews.
I got my own answer in the recent Review of the Hyperion HPS-938 on 6moons.com. Srajan went to compare the HPS-938's to the Ref3's (and inderectly to the Traingle XS and Avantgarde) in a very telling way.
Put it another way. It's like loving your children equally but somehow you hang out with one more frequently than with the other because you happen to share the same sport or hobby!?!?