Fyne F703...anyone owns the ?

Hello...looking for some input on Fyne F703 speakers..any owners of this recent speaker?
Thanks
kozka

Showing 3 responses by sunshdw

@kozkaI
I read a bunch about them and the similar Tannoys and found a dealer in SoCal that had a return policy. Unfortunately the closest hi-fi shops to me are in the SF Bay and LA areas so I knew I'd had to read as much about them as I could and then hope a dealer has a return policy. I had one other speaker for audition and it was a pair or LSA Statement 10 book shelves and although they sounded impressive their awkward specs weren't a good match for my amps so they went back which cost me $70. Tekton was also on my radar and even spoke to Mr. Alexander looking for his recommendation. The speaker he recommended was a bit out on production so I decided to take a listen to the Fynes and, well, they stayed at my house. 

I have a smallish dedicated and treated 2ch room (11.5' x 14') and these speakers work very well with my electronics and are what I was looking for. Laid back, smooth, great bass and a tad on the warmer side. The latter surprised me the most since I was thinking the compression tweeter would be bright and I was hoping my tubed preamp and class a amps would smooth things out. These speakers replaced a pair of 8" full range which have a fantastic midrange so I was hopeful the Fynes would equal that and they have.