Fuses

I’ve read of views on whether amp fuses impart any sound quality or coloring. I had a recent experience that has made me re-think my views (fuses do not affect sound) and wondered if others had a similar experience. 
I have a Line Magnetic integrated amp. After heavy regular use for over 5 years, one day it just wouldn’t power up. After checking the power supply, I assumed it must be a blown fuse. I recalled that Line Magnetic sent with the amp two replacement fuses of the same type/quality that was pre-installed. I dug out one of them from storage, replaced the fuse and the amp powered up normally. 

What surprised and delighted me was the change in sound with the replacement fuse. Fuller bass, more detail and more warmth. I have rolled the tubes several times in the amp, and am attuned to the subtle changes that can make. Popping in a fresh fuse seems to have had a similar affect. And these appear to be cheap fuses, available for a few dollars at most. I don’t think I understand any of this. 
bmcbrad
fiesta75-
MC makes some simple mistakes like series and parallel resistors... 
Ah yes the ellipsis, three dots that usually indicates the intentional omission of a word, sentence, or whole section of a text being quoted. Care to run that through your MDS decoder ring and translate into a full English sentence, please?
Okay.....soooo I am in the camp of not bypassing signal capacitors. At least in my application, they caused issues in both positions.
Sound got smeared in the mids, and the timbre change in the tweeter position came with a similar smudging of sound. The bypass capacitors really affected transparency in my system, and affected depth of stage.
I only had them in for 3 or so hours, but I didn’t enjoy any part of this installation and have taken them back out.
@georgehifi you were right, at least as it happens to be the case in my application.
I am now in the camp for installing the single best possible quality cap that you can use in the signal path.

👍 Correct, never bypass "coupling caps" in the signal path. This goes for all audio equipment even speakers xovers.
But it’s good to bypass "de-coupling caps" in power supply or on voltage rails.

Cheers George
I've found Synergetic Research fuses to make a positive difference in my gear. Have no clue how a fuse could have an effect but it has in my case.
A better fuse will make a difference in every piece of equipment that uses a fuse. 
Filament dampening and heat management play a very big part in audio quality. 
Materials used in the construction also affect timbre. 
Sounds crazy, till you try it out for yourself :)
So I replaced all the capacitors on my Matrix USB H card for some AudioNote Kaisei ones.
The caps were a hard fit, but got it done somehow....
If you guys are using a PC as a source, do not look past that dedicated USB card.
The caps took a certain hardness out of the sound, and are extremely dynamic. Background is jet black, dead quiet. A massive bang for the buck upgrade. Very highly recommended.

I think I am finally ready for this Winter’s Lockdown ;)

Bring it on.