fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle

Showing 1 response by roccl007

Recently i compare the HIFI TUNING FUSE to the ISOCLEAN FUSE.I am owner of LAMM M2.2 amp wich hold large fuse slow blow of 8 amp each.I compared them on an A/B listening in fact the Isoclean sound more spectacular more open and detailed, seem to reduce the noise floor in a significant way.With the Hifi tuning fuse i feel the sound to be more natural less leaner with more body especially on voice, overall more natural sounding ( a matter of taste).With upgraded fuses the sound is more natural an effortless it is like upgrading for a better power cord.Will never return back to el chipo Radio Scrap fuses.Of course i got 12 Hifi Tuning fuses in my system and it worth every penny spend
Sorry