FUSES, Finally!?

I have been adamant about avoiding special fuses, because of the lack of empirical studies.  Here is my question:  What would be something not too expensive that would be a good start.  I use three dual mono Audire amps (for Woofs, Mids and Tweets, and Subs, each of the six channel having four fuses.  I would not not want to spend thousands, even if I could, just to experiment.  My heat sinks do unplug, along with the outputs, and I could try just one channel or one amp.  Paul of PS mentioned what they use, and that might eventually be a possibility, but what do you guys (and gals?) think I should do, to just to convince this ageing skeptic?  Also, each channel of my amps has one single, dedicated computer chip that regulates the filling of the 4 26,000 mf caps (per channel), which might make any difference less than a design that allows a flood of electrons into the tank, presuming that might matter.  DanV
128x128danvignau
What gave me the rubbery amp filler idea was my 1969 500 Kawasaki triple, the first bike with an electronic ignition.  That beast really vibrated, so it was filled with tar looking goo.
A lot of better quality laptop power supplies are filled with silicone potting.  It gets the heat out, keeps the parts in place, and gets rid of acoustic noise.

Tar used to be really popular, but not stuff I work with. I understand it is still used because it is cheap and works well.
If money is an issue on ebay in the UK they have some decent ones for around $25 each.
This thread could put just enough doubt in a sucker with deep pockets, to spend $200 on a fuse, just to check if there is a difference.

Do audiophile fuse companies let us try them at home before we buy? Any fuse shills here, who will send me a couple to test out? ;)