Fuse for SEAS Millennium T25 CF002-06 Tweeter.

These fairly expensive tweeters blow out more easily than any I have used. Fortunately replacement voice coils are available, but it's a damn nuisance. When I ordered new voice coils a while back I asked Madisound what fuse might be appropriate to protect the tweeter, but they were pretty skeptical that any fuse would work.

Good news, sort of. A 1 amp slow blow works. It took a real blast from some experimentation I was doing to blow the fuse, but it was the fuse and not the tweeter.
eldartford

Showing 1 response by opalchip

I'd say the Spica TC-50 tweeter (Audax) takes the prize for easiest blow. At least the way I used to drive them at those wild 1980's parties with that Adcom GFA! I used to go through Spica voice coils the way I go through Ben and Jerry's ice cream now. They'd always blow on the wire lead-in before it entered the actual coil, and I was always tempted to try just reconnecting them with a dab of solder. John Bau was kind enough to sell replacement pairs at cost. I used to keep a personal "inventory" so I wouldn't have to wait for them to arrive by mail from New Mexico. In fact, I'm still keeping a couple, just in case I pull the TC's out of the storage room someday.