Funny noise from Tube system

Hi everyone... I have a pair of Rogue Audio M-120 Magnum Monoblocks with the 99 magnum preamp. When I have the system on for about 1 and 1/2 hours I hear a pppppfffft...pppppfffft noise over and over. It comes out of both channels and stops when I engage the mute the sound stops. I think it's temprature related, only because when I turn on everything it is silent. I replaced the tubes in the 120's but have not replaced the 99's as of yet. I bought the equipment new in 2001. Any ideas???
Thanks,
Warren
warren11050
Pre-amp tubes should be good for 3000 to 10,000 hours, depending on which tubes and which amp???
Depending on your listening habits, you could be well over 3000 hours on the pre-amp tubes since 2001. 10 hours per week for 6 years = 3120 hours of on time. 20 hours per week for 6 years is 6240 hours and 30 hours of on/listening time per week is 9360 hours over the course of 6 years.

Since the problem goes away when you place the pre-amp on mute, you know the issue is not in the amp. I think replacing the pre-amp tubes is the next logical step.

TIC
I have a Rogue Magnum 99 also. It’s suffering the same issues that you have But only on the left channel. I do not have an amplifier as I use amplified speakers. I live in the Colorado foothills. We get a lot of Lightning, even in the winter. (2nd only to  Florida).  Our grid system when struck by lightning, turns off for a split second and then  immediately back on.  Guessing that’s not good for sensitive electronics. I sent it to my local shop, who are quite good. They could not hear popping. They charged me $60 for diagnostics, but could not even hear it.  So I send it to Rogue and had it “Supered” while it was there as the repair cost is $250. ($600 for the  upgrade which included the repair) ALL good! Fantastic!
 I ran it for a week. And was awakened at 2 AM to very LOUD popping and no signal.  (Oops-maybe lightning? see my other recent post on the same topic-LOUD popping on Rogue. (Thank you all again that offered advice).  I had that repaired by my local Audio repair shop.   It’s still suffers, again, from fizzing and tapping-sounds like Fred Astaire with canastas.  
My repair person said he can’t fix it because he can’t hear it. I’ll bring in my Focal speakers, maybe that will make a difference at his shop.
BTW I really noticed the changes with the upgrade.  Worth the $. It will probably have to go back to Rogue again. $200 shipping plus the repair. Ugh!