Funny how streaming/digital still chases that analog benchmark.

Funny how manufacturers of streaming and digital gear continues to chase that elusive analog sound. I thought digital was better?

Before you all get your panties in a wad I enjoy both Digital and Analog but much rather listen to an analog source than digital.

So today I see  Innuos Introduces The PhoenixNET – A Network Switch For Audiophiles @ only $3500.00

Guess I do not see the point you can get superior sound for say $2500 or less with a decent turntable cartridge combo and phono stage. Hell Clear Audio has an all in one for $2500.

I just don’t get it and I do not care to either.
128x128skypunk
Anyone seen this?:

Seems experienced listeners can tell when they are hearing a 13 bit digital stream or the straight through analogue path:

http://www.bostonaudiosociety.org/bas_speaker/abx_testing2.htm
@bluemoondriver, the test was in 1984 and the conclusions were:

In summary, then, no evidence was provided by Tiefenbrun during this series of tests that indicates ability to identify reliably:

(a)  the presence of an undriven transducer in the room,
(b)  the presence of the Sony PCM-F1 digital processor in the audio chain, or
(c)  the presence of the relay contacts of the A/B/X switchbox in the circuit.

Is that why Linn did eventually start making digital equipment?

Or was it money?

lexx2157 posts02-27-2021 1:34amExcept for audio2design for freaking on where someone lives. That ticks me off more than a 777 breaking up over a subdivision.

Could not care where he/she lives. I do care when someone lies and starts threads like this to create just the attitude you developed Lexx. Skypunk has just used you as a tool to troll lexx. That is who you should be angry with.

You don't need an R-R. Get a 24/192 recording of R-R and playback on an accurate DAC which does not have to cost an arm and a leg. Benchmark DAC2/3, Qutest will work. I was not kidding w.r.t. that low cost Chinese DAC (some, not all). That digital recording of R-R played on that low cost DAC will be far closer to R-R than any Vinyl will be no matter the cost.