Fully Modded Origin Live OL1 or Stock Rega RB-600?

Wondering if the OL1 with structural mod, full external and internal re-wire and upgraded RCA's would be better than a stock RB-600. This is not the Origin Live Silver; it's basically a heavily modded RB-250. Will have a Dynavector 20xL mounted on either arm on a P-25.

It's counterintuitive to me to go backwards in the Rega line and gain an improvement, especially going from a $700msrp arm to a $575msrp arm, but who knows. OL says the OL1 will outperform a RB900 but, of course, they're trying to sell tonearms!

I can get a great deal on the OL1 ($375 - normally $575) but I don't want to waste the money if it's not going to be a significant improvement over the stock RB-600.
slate1

Showing 2 responses by c123666

The 900 supposedly takes longer to assemble and has higher quality bearings. I think the wiring is better than stock 250/300 but not sure.
The VTF spring in the rb300/600/900 can be defeated by turning it all the way past 3. Or, the spring can be removed and only dynamic balancing is then available. So, that is a non issue when compared to the rb250. I have a rb300 wired with Audio Note pure silver wire (seamless from cartridge clips to RCA termination) and a Michell Technoweight; it has worked very, very well. Very easy to set up and it stays set up (unlike funky unipivot arms like I also have and like the sound but hate to handle).

A seamless run of wire is better than wire using a DIN termination at the base of the tonearm.