full speaker system, thats close to rear and side

Hello frends,
I've just got back into, the audio world, after a few years away, I wish to upgrade my speakers, as I think the speakers, might be the weak link!!, My System is:
Souice: Well Tempered Labs classic, with Marigo clamp.
Phono pre amp: VTL, diamond, with swichable, plugs, for different cartridges.
Intergrated amp: Krell KAV-300i.
Speakers: Usher Book self's, on stands!!
I am pleased with the above, big time!!, but feel the speakers are the weakest link!!
I live in a penthose appartment, I wish to upgrade the speaker's to full range, at low or loud, to get a full range sound, but placement seems to be a promble!!
I can place speakers two feet from wall, into the lisning area, and toed in, but I have a big, solid book case, on the side's that I can place speakers 1 and a half feet, from sides!!
Hoping you all can help!!
Many Thanks
David
128x128daveyonthecoast

Showing 2 responses by zd542

"Speakers: Usher Book self's, on stands!!"

That's where they are supposed to be. I know they are called bookshelf speakers, but most, if not all, bookshelf speakers are really supposed to be on stands.

For the rest of it, I think you need to go out and listen to some equipment to see what you like. Recommendations can only get you so far. There's no shortage of good speakers on the market, but even though a speaker may be considered excellent, you still may not like it.

My recommendation for you would be to consider getting something to replace your Krell first. Personally, I feel that is your weakest component. Of course, others will not agree with me.