Full Range under $5k-ish

So the time has finally come to upgrade my speakers. I mainly listnm
 to vinyl with the occasional CD or AM/FM radio.

Here is my current setup:
Clearaudio Concept w/Concept MM
Parasound Halo P5
2 x Carver TFM-35x (bi-amp)
Definitive Technology BP-2002TL

I would like to stay under the $5k-ish mark. 
128x128dustin_collman
Op if you can go up a tad to $7k you can look at a set of Legacy Audio Signatures. 

These should be perfect for you:

1: They are 93db efficient so they will play loud with any amplifier
2: They have bass down to 22hz
3: They throw a huge soundstage
4: They have high power handling. 
5:  They are easy to drive  
6:  They have superb  top end detail

If you want to fill up  a large room these can't be beat

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Legacy Audio dealers
Post removed 
A plethora of recommendations, as usual! Let me add another: ATC SCM 40. Should be around 4k; if not, go for a recent pair of used 40 or 50 in your price range. Stunning dynamics, imaging, and detail (not harsh). Need power, but you already have that.

You can get Focals for your price range.  Not their top of the line stuff, which is out of reach for most people.  ATC seems to be with-in your budget.  If I was spending 5k on speakers I would audition them at home.  Golden Ear is a close match to your Def Tech's in sound.
The reason the Legacy's would be far better is sheer displacement, the Signature is more electrical efficient, has much deeper bass then the Focals. How many sub $10k loudspeakers are rated to 22hz +/-3db and are 93db efficient?

Most high end loudspeakers that are in this gentleman's price range will not be able to fill up such a large room with sound. 

So if you like rock and have a big room you need a speaker capable of playing loud and most loudspeakers from B&W, Kef, Focal, Vandy just won't handle this type of application. 

Bill Duddleston designs speakers that play loud and fill up big rooms, he favors displacement, hence his speakers use  two large 10inch bass drivers going up to 12 inch drivers in other models.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Legacy Audio Dealers