from Harbeth 30.1 to SHL5+, an upgrade or lateral move?

Hello,
I have a pair of 30.1 for a while and think it’s time to upgrade. I wish to upgrade to 40.1 but the budget does not allow. What I can afford is SHL5+. However, considering the price difference between the 2 pairs is very small but the specs show that SHL5 can go quite much lower, I wonder if moving from 30.1 to SHL5+ is an upgrade or lateral move?
Thank you!
Huy.

Ag insider logo xs@2xquanghuy147
the shl5+ extends lower and have better bass overall. id say its a upgrade to go from 30.1 to shl5+.
I agree on many above and think that the shl5+ is like a 30.1 (wonderful midrange) but with deeper bass and more 3D feeling. I would want switch some day.
I'm shopping Harbeths actually too; after auditioning the 7s, 30.1, 40s, and SHL5+; I found much of the feedback in this forum to be spot-on.  I'm finding that selecting the "right" Harbeth to be really music, personal taste dependent. I listen to classic rock and really like the bass extension and treble of the SHL5+ compared to the other Harbeths, very noticeable.  I second the "sub" suggestion for consideration if you're satisfied with most of your music genres and the 30.1.
To Rossb: The type of music I listen to is classical , jazz, vocal, pop. I agree with you that 30.1 has a very refined and natural  midrange. However, I feel the urge to upgrade because the soundstage of 30.1 is not wide (it could be due to my small room: 12 x 15 feet) and contrabass in jazz sounds weak and thin, which makes the song does not have the necessary bass. 

Do you experience the same on your 30.1 pair? I am using Quad 99 and 909 for it. 

@quanghuy147
In that size room you should give a listen to the smaller P3ESR. Bigger is not always better. I've owned larger Harbeths and preferred the P3's in my smaller room!