From Avantgarde to a conventional speaker?

I love the coherence and incredible lifelike dynamics and feel to music that I have heard from the Avantgarde Uno and Duo speakers. However, given room size and family harmony, speakers of this size are not going to be a viable option for me. Are there any conventional speakers of reasonable dimension that can compete with the coherence and dynamics of the Avantgarde speakers? I would love to hear from anyone who has made the transition from an Avantgarde speaker to a more conventional design. Many thanks in advance for you help and advise.

All the best,
Neville
njp

Showing 1 response by jay_douglas_2879b79

if your system is a lower watt/tube based system, even klipsch heresy II's will exibit routinely what you liked in the avantgarde. they can sit in the corners of your listening room and they are quite the value given their lifelike sound compared to horn systems which are 10 times more money (and are tempermental to specific placement). if your coming back to dynamic drivers i would suggest auditioning gradient, but understand that power is essential.