from a Krell SS- FPB 600 to What Tube Amp ?

I have been a Krell listener for 15 years, from the KSA-150 to the FPB 300 ,to now the FPB 600. I love the Power in Class A, and the great Bass that the Krell offers. But I think I maybe missing out here on some great tube amps. I think it is time to give a reasonable audition to some Tube Amps. IF I could please get some experienced answers , that would be much appreciated, like someone who has gone threw this transition . I know all the names of the best tube amps, but getting someone who has experienced this is very valuable to me. My budget is $5K- $8K used prefered, $$lower also works.

My System:

Meitner-EMM Labs DCC2 + Phillips cdp D.O.M ( Truly Amazing )
Kubala Emotion cables, all cables (***** Truly Amazing )
Walker Velociter ( Great Stuff )
Infinity MTS Preludes, 6 Ohms (also need to change)
Townshend Super Tweeters ( Great Stuff )
Krell FPB-600
macallan25

Showing 1 response by kenscollick

Before you abandon the Krell I suggest you audition the CX series. I went from a FPB 300 to a 400CX and the improvement was not suttle.

I have owned 3 different Krell pre amps 3 Krell Amps and A cd player. and never had so much as a huccup from any of them.

My only problem with tube gear is that when you retube you have to wonder when it started sounding bad compared to the new tubes. Also different tubes will sound different. Which is right?

Get a new Krell and plug and play Enjoy the music.