After anguishing over a non-working midrange, and determining the cross-over is the issue, I am in dire need of a repair center or person who is able and experienced in testing and repair. Anyone know of such a party? I called FRIED and they were no help. I miss Bud

Thank-you in advance for any help
Try member Trelja. He may be able to point you in the right direction.
Apologies on the issues you're having with the R4!

You are most wise to fix them, as opposed to moving to something else. Sonically, the Frieds of that vintage are quite special. Sadly, it's a different market today, and though a lot more effort and cost is put into cabinetry and cosmetics, you have to spend a whole lot to match the sound of the products Bud was putting out.

It's most likely a capacitor needs to be replaced in the crossover. I'll be generous, and say the parts quality in there is not exactly ne plus ultra, so it's not going to cost you much at all for the replacement. Of course, a wire could have come undone or a solder joint might need repair. At any rate, it's not a big job, and if you have any skill with a soldering iron, it should be not so difficult.

We all miss Bud...