Found a gold mine

OK here's the deal I have a friend who has parents(surprise!), well I noticed a pile of Records on the floor, EUREKA!!! He had no clue why I was excited, and proceeded to tell me they had more down stairs, I checked them out, they have approx. 1000 records, in very good condition. I know his parents well and they are pack rats, so I would be into purchasing this gold mine, any clues on how to get older folks to give up a music collection they don't listen to? They had tons of 60-80's rock/pop music with some Jazz and other various recordings(a few british imports). The real popular stuff, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, Def Leopard, Rick Springfield, The Chipmunks(you know alvin, simon and theodore, squeky little fellows), Velvet Underground, Dave Brubeck(including an original 'Time Out' in perfect condition!!!). My buddy could not understand why I was getting excited!!! I don't have a analog front end.......yet though I already have around 300 albums, this collection would be a nice addition.
tireguy

Showing 1 response by ellery911

If these people are truly "pack rats", then you'll have as much of a chance of getting the records as you would the old magazines or the old china. Value is not the important thing, packrats dont like to part with ANYTHING. I have found this out from personal experience.

Good luck anyhow