Former Tekton owners: What have you moved on to?

I owned the Tekton Lore Reference for about a year and a half and they were great for the price. I ran them with a 50w tube integrated and it was a nice combo. For $750 I had no complaints except perhaps that the paint was cracking on one of the rounded corners. I ended up buying a pair of Gallo CL-2 for an office system on closeout direct from Gallo for $390/pair. After they were broken in I found myself listening to them more than the Tektons after awhile. I was getting addicted to the CDT tweeter.

Based on that experience I ordered the CL-3 refurbished for $650/pair shipped (crazy steal) and they were on a different level than both of the above. Sonically, one defining moment for me was listening to Joni Mitchell, Both Sides Now. (I think the Track was You’re My Thrill. )
During the intro there is a brief flute soli. With the Tektons it sounded like a really nice flute section that was very homogenous sounding and blended. With the Gallos I could hear each individual flute player and their unique tones and vibrato. The bass was also deeper and tighter on the gallos and the imaging was just amazingly holographic and wide and deep.

I know the timing of this is interesting as the Tekton hype train seems to be at full tilt right now with some of his higher models and I am curious to hear them. The 2 things that would give me serious pause and keep me from moving up the Tekton line are 1) the size and aesthetics 2) The very much "in your face" house sound that can get tiring to me.  Just wondering what others have moved on to from Tekton and what they heard that moved them in that direction.
128x128clarinetmonster2
As a Tekton owner I find this thread interesting. Actually its more interesting than what is being said on the current long standing Tekton threads. Its sorta tapped out right now tbh. But to allow comments that can ignite emotions are not needed and shows a lack or maturity.

Oh and to answer Stereo5’s question. It doesn’t upset me that someone likes a certain speaker more than a Tekton speaker. That’s probably not the answer you were hoping for. Sorry ;)
I too will probably disappoint as discussing alternate speakers to Tektons not only doesn't piss off this owner of three different Tekton speakers but piques my interest. While I've moved up the Tekton chain from the Enzo's to the DI's to the DI SE's I find it interesting finding out what others speaker experiences are.....with Tekton and other speakers. I've often wondered what other HE speakers would be like, especially Tannoy or a modified Altec Lansing and I'm sure there's many more I don't know about that would interest me. 

Thanks to clarinet-monster for starting this thread, it should be quite interesting. 

I am a long-term Tekton owner. I have owned three Tekton speakers. I sold a early Fostex single driver model. It was terrific mini-monitor for office. I still own the Mini-Lore and Lore. They are really good speakers and perform well above their price points. They are now in my home theatre. I was lucky that my brother was moving to Europe and sold me his DeVore 0/96s and Harbeth SHL 5s. So, I haven’t exactly moved on. I especially trust grannyring, his ears and technical abilities. I will soon get a listen to the Tekton DIs and will make a decision on purchase. I will say the DeVore 0/96 will be very difficult to top. The DeVore's are wonderful speakers. Harbeth also. Best, mikirob

mikirob

Wow! You are lucky to have so many fine speakers to choose from. I've heard so much about the Devores. How would you compare them sonically to the Mini Lores, as that would be my closest reference I suppose.
@clarinetmonster2  Good thread topic. Speaking for myself, it is always great to learn and grow my knowledge base. Very helpful with downstream decisions and choices.

@mikirob   I auditioned and demoed the SHL5+ and both of Devore's: the O/93s and O/96s. All three are lovely speakers. And I would be happy owning any or all of them. : )

Having had the Double Impacts with the upgrade package, to my ears (and memory) and preferences the DIs outperform all three at least in ways that I value and prefer. The 96s clearly beat the 93s. They were well setup and run with premium Line Magnetic gear. For it me, it was a toss up between the 96s and 5+ (also run with good gear [Bricasti/Pass] and in a well setup room). Different speakers in not so subtle ways. For me, the 40.2s would be the correct target, but I did not get audition them.