Forever turntable under $2000

In search of: forever turntable.

I'm currently looking to upgrade from my existing Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 to a table that I will (hopefully) never grow out of. I'm looking for something that is *technically* competent, something where I know the engineering is extremely solid and "timeless," and provides a good analog platform to swap carts with. My budget for this is $1600 with cart (but up to $2000 if there's a good case for it). The rest of my system is as follows:

* LSA 2.1 Statement speakers

* Schiit Gumby DAC

* Schiit Freya preamp

* Adcom GFA555 power amp

* Schiit Mani phono stage

So far, I have looked into the Rega P6 (or a used RP6), a Clearaudio Concept, a variety of Pro-Ject offerings, and a Michell Technodec... but at this level there are so many choices, its hard to know where to start. Any ideas? Thanks!
primarist

Showing 1 response by dvddesigner

Seeing that you have a fair amount of Schiit Audio gear take a look at this for something to consider:

https://youtu.be/3Ry_0okbbNo?t=699

Schiit is getting a new TT ready for this summer. Shown with the Mani phono stage. Would be in your price range.

For something that is not in budget but worth a look is a new Linn LP12 Majik. Somewhat controversial, but the Majik as sold is exceptionally nice and would allow for direct updates if you would ever want to. Yes, it is outside budget but worth a listen.

I'm working on my own LP12 project and while it may not be everyones cup of tea it sung to me so I jumped on board.