For those of us over 60..

What band's output would you say best describes you/your life as you see it?

For me, Allman Brothers
128x128slaw
Not another available option? You gotta get out there man...If your "hopes and dreams" were hanging on Mike Bloomfield and you need an apolitical anti-depressant, get yourself some Julian Lage or John Scofield albums (And I have about 1200 more suggestions)...perk you right up.
Bloomfield was SO important to use suburban white brats, introducing us to genuine Blues guitar playing in The Paul Butterfield Band in 1965. I was lucky enough to see Mike, Buddy Miles (a monster drummer), and Harvey Brooks (great bass player) live in The Electric Flag in the Summer of 1968. God were they great. They made Hendrix and his rhythm section sound like a buncha p*ssies.
Why is Buddy Miles considered a great drummer?  Hendrix, Santana and Bloomfield all dug him, but I just don't hear it.  Love his vocals, guitar and even keyboard playing.  My main point of reference is John McLaughlin's "Devotion".  A stunning early fusion recording that Miles nearly derails.  Please educate me.

Electric Flag were a true American Music Band.
onhwy61, I used the term "monster" literally, not in terms of him being a great drummer necessarily. For whatever reason, his drums sound kind of thin and weak on the Electric Flag album. Live, he sounded as "punchy" as Keith Moon, pounding his drums as hard as anyone I have ever seen. He is a huge guy, and plays very physically. I have heard him only in The Flag and on his first solo album, so can’t comment on his playing in other settings. I can’t imagine he has the finesses that is required for playing Jazz and Fusion. I mean, he’s no Tony Williams or Billy Cobham!
Mitch Mitchell from the Hendrix band was one of the best drummers out there, period. Also, I was a stage hand for a Buddy Miles show right after Hendrix checked out...great show, and Buddy was a really nice guy (hung out with him at the promoter's house). Charlie Karp, a CT legend, was playing lead guitar with that band. They ended their show (daytime thing at the University) by handing off their instruments to other musicians who were there for this "stunt," and while the stand-in dudes kept playing, Buddy lead the ENTIRE CROWD out of the amphitheater into the parking lot. Amazing.