for Bill Evans fan

What is your favorite album?

Thanks
128x128gmahler2u
This thread is 7 years old and I just read through it top to bottom.  I think that shows I'm really enjoying the hobby--reading old stuff, looking for subjects of interest.

Great topic guys.  I have to vote Waltz for Debby.  Wolfe's point about the sonics and background noise in the restaurant/cafe are charming and add mood.  It's hard for me to believe this was a live recording out a a small, yet now famous, venue.  

Portrait is pretty well recorded--if not more perfectly than Waltz for Debby, even though WFD has a special glow to the instruments. 

I have so much more Bill Evans to discovery.  I'm just so glad people appreciate this guy's genius so much. 

jbhiller

start w the 1st release from Bill Evans and progress forward.
Keep me posted as you collect this outstanding catalog.

Happy Listening!
I was introduced to Bill Evans by 2 people in another forum -thanks to jafant, and gprace. The first album I heard of Bill Evans, "Portraits of Jazz" and I was hooked.

Now I have over 20 of his CD albums. My most favorite from the 60s are "Explorations" and "How My Heart Sings". The recording and mastering of the CD are excellent! From the 70s, my favorites are "Quintessence" and "I Will Say Goodbye". I give Bill Evans CDs as gifts to friends I know who appreciates good music.

I am disappointed with "Undercurrent" album’s recording, the one with Jim Hall. The dynamic range seems compressed, sounds kind of like listening to AM radio. Among the Bill Evans duets, I like Cannonball Adderley and Chet Baker the best.

So glad I was introduced to Bill Evans. I was 11 when Bill Evans passed away. ....alas I never had a chance to see him in concert.