For a quick good time, blankets...

and pillows.

Try them! On the floor, between the speakers and between them and your listening chair.

You may discover your speakers are capable of more than you thought.

Best,

E
erik_squires
My mother made me a quilt wall hanging, beautiful piece of art. And I hung it behind my listening position, and it made a very positive improvement to the sound. A friend of mine has a tapestry that's been in his family for generations, behind and between the speakers, I haven't heard the room without it, but it does seem to be a well damped room. Looks a lot better than egg cartons stapled all over the room! 
@alpha_gt

Exactly the kind of things I was thinking of. Maybe someday when I join the plutocracy  I'll be able to do that.

Best,

E
My TV has a swivel it can be tilted back while listening. I hung a curtain over a large LCD to block potential reflections, it also looks good kinda gave the room a sense of being in a cozy little cinema. 

alpha_gt109 posts02-11-2017 8:57pmMy mother made me a quilt wall hanging, beautiful piece of art. And I hung it behind my listening position, and it made a very positive improvement to the sound. A friend of mine has a tapestry that's been in his family for generations, behind and between the speakers, I haven't heard the room without it, but it does seem to be a well damped room. Looks a lot better than egg cartons stapled all over the room!

I did that when a rear wall was only about a foot behind my ears. Treating a back wall in such close proximity makes a huge positive difference. 
I have an upright piano 4' from my left speaker and nothing to the side of the right speaker for 20'. I cover the piano with an old tablecloth when I'm alone. It helps.