Foobar 2000 / ASIO ?

I have Foobar 2000 installed on my PC and have been using it for the last few weeks. I have downloaded the ASIO dll file and it is residing in a folder on my desktop. My questions are as follows:

1. Do I need to move the ASIO dll file to a specific folder, such as a Foobar folder, for it to work?

2. How do I know it is working?

Thanks,
Mark
mrpaul
You need to drop the ASIO plug-in into your components folder in Foobar. If it is a zip file just extract it to that folder.

You can activate the plug in by going in your foobar file>> preferences>> outputs and selecting the device.

Make sure to map the device by going Foobar file>>preferences..double click on output which opens ASIO virtual devices. Double click on the ASIO4all in the window. Map the first channel your left and the second channel your right. Test them to make sure the sound is coming out of the correct channel.

Hopefully you've already downloaded ASIO4all..if not down load it to your PC. It has an off line window that will show your audio outputs status. When playing music the outputs will have red Xs across them. When foobar isn't playing they'll be green. This is normal.

You should be good to go after this. There are some other tweaks as well. I don't want to confuse you with too much at one time.