Folded tweeters vs. dome?

Good day, I am searching for main speakers which will replace my Kef IQ5's.  I want them to be a step up in soundstage and transparency, but only have a $1200 budget (family man you understand).  I have a Klipsch 12" sub so the deepest bass is not an issue.  My question is, in the opinions of those posting here, which tweeters will serve my purpose best, folded or dome?  I see a lot of speakers in the price range I'm searching, both 2.5 and 3-way but have not been able to audition any as of yet.  I'm watching used sets of Golden Ear Triton 7's, Wharfedale PI-40's, Quad Classic 23L among others.  My listening is a mixture of music and theater, most genre's.  I have a Marantz AV7005 pre/pro, a Rotel RKB 650 bi-amping the mains and (Kef) center, with a Rotel-RMB 1565 driving the surrounds (B&W and Klipsch). Thanks in advance for your input, so many questions, so little space.
128x128wisciman99
Depends on what you listen to and the Speakers .
I listen to 90% classical and 10% jazz and have a small Totem Signature
1 which does fine in a room 23' x15 ' . No sub .

gmwinder , If my memory serves me did they not have a passive woofer?
Any speaker  with them has a rough , uncontrolled base line which is death in big band or classical ensembles . What most thing of  deep base in rock is usually a big LOUD hump around 120hz .
Thanks for the input, schubert.  It seems that the Totem Signature
1 may indeed fill the room from what I am reading, unfortunately, it is outside of my budget by several hundred bucks.
I thought that I disliked AMTs for a long time because I’d auditioned Goldenesr Triton Ones and Martin Logan Motion 40s and 60XTs and found them uncomfortably bright.  

After hearing the Triton Reference, Gayle Sanders Eikon, Legacy Aeris and Valor, and the Emotiva speaker line at AXPONA my mind has completely changed, all use AMTs and all sounded great, and sounded great on a wide variety of music.  

Then again, there were also some amazing sounding speakers with traditional domes, true ribbons, and compression drivers.  

I think the lesson I learned is to not get too hung up on the technology of a particular driver, and appreciate (or not) the speaker as a whole.  

Hi Tute! 

The Triton one's are awful. 

My main speakers use hyper-expensiv Mundorf AMT's and they are superb. 

I do not know if it is the quality of the tuning, but the Tritons were so terrible I never ever listened to another GE speaker again. 

Best,

E