Foil strip CD tweaks...A mystery

I'm sure most inmates are aware of the P.W.B foil that is applied to CD's to improve the sound. There have been fantastic claims of improvement, although, of course, some claim they hear no difference at all. I received some from a friend and I thought I heard a difference of some CD's not others. Then one day, my young son was applying stickers to his notebook, and don't you know it appeared to be the exact same foil, pattern, thickness and all! Then as these strange occurrences would have it, I noticed one of my wife's hair clips had the exact same foil with the exact same pattern, albeit within the clear plastic substrate of the clip so that I couldn't actually touch the foil.

Now is it reasonable to at least postulate that all these apparently identical foils come from the same original source? And if so, who is responsible for their original design. Is this a case of an expensive audiophile tweak posing as a cheap child's sticker, or a cheap child's
sticker posing as an expensive audiophile tweak?
mikes

Showing 2 responses by mg123

Well, I read a couple of the articles at PWB web site and am not impressed. It seems that they are concentrating on the psychology of listening and perception. When ms Clark said that she heard the difference in a CD after it was frozen but could not hear any difference when a friend installed acoustic panels on the walls of his listening room, I stopped reading. That sounds like pure bs to me. Also, the notion that freezing a cd "relaxes the crystal structure" of the cd seems to be the opposite of how most materials act (usually they "relax" when heated or current runs through them), as in "burning in" cables.