Focal Utopia Maestro upgrade

Hi guys can you please give me some advise on what amplifier matches the Utopia Maestros.

I currently looking for an upgrade from my Lynn LP12, YBA 1000 CD and pre-amp, YBA 600 power amp and B&W602D. All interconnects and speaker leads are MIT SG1. Obviously a detailed, neutral and warm presentation which was exceptionally satisfying for years.

Thinking of upgrading my speakers to the Focal Scala Utopia but my mates tell me the Maestros are better. I should be getting a demo version soon.

Is the Maestro worth it? Will the YBA PASSION 600 POWER AMP be enough to drive the speaker. Recommended pairing it with a McIntosh 452 instead.

BW
Paris
ptekkis

Showing 1 response by ejr1953

About eight months ago I took delivery of a pair of Focal Sopra No2's, like the Utopia series, with Focal's beryllium tweeters.

I did a lot of comparing of amplifiers and bought a McIntosh MC452, sounded "smooth" like the tube amps I auditioned, but seemed more "dynamic" and "faster" (to my ear).

My Focal's are in a 24x26' room, with two JL Audio F113V2 subs.  The McIntosh never "breaks a sweat" driving the Sopra's.