Focal Sopra 2 or Sopra 3?

This isn't going to be happening soon as I need to save more for them. (I will have to find a good used set)I have a VAC Renaissance 70/70 amp that I am getting updated by VAC in January to MK IIIS. I love this amp and i am not looking to change it. I may be interested in working toward a different speaker for it some day and these Focals may work. 91 db sensitivity which should work with my amp's 65 pure class A WPC.  My current speakers really match well with it, they are Goldenear Triton 1.r's and to me they sound very good. But someday I may want even better resolution, not sure. What issues may I find mating these to my amp in the future?  My Preamp is a VAC CLA1 Mk III, it was just serviced by VAC and completely updated to Mk III with new parts. So my pre/ Amp combo is tubes. I've read in reviews different opinions on how these sound, some say rather bright and forward and others do not, say they are really smooth in the midrange  so it's confusing. I may just take my amp to a dealer about 1.5 hours away and make an appointment to audition them. Are these a reasonable option? My room is a dedicated listening room with a great deal of treatments, especially with bass absorbers, diffusion etc. The room is 14 x 18 x 6.5 ceilings. The Tritons have a lot of bass so it seems to handle it well after a lot of experimentation in placements of speakers. They are 7 feet out from the front wall and over 3 feet from side walls and about 7.5 feet apart.

128x128fthompson251

@ozzy My Tritons are out almost 7 feet, (6.87’) Which is about 1/3 into the room. I too like a deep and wide 3D soundstage. That’s what my amp excels at, holographic sound. But I still get outstanding bass. I used some free calculators I found online to get some ideas for speaker placement. This seems to work the best.

@lak

I am fully aware of subwoofer reinforcement. I’ve seen $100K speakers paired with a 6 pack of Rel 25’s. It sounds spectacular. I get it.

It’s just that a speaker upgrade is really a stretch for me now that I am retired and I have to be smart about it. I am in the exploration phase for the validity of weather I can achieve a refinement over what I have already. I am maximizing the effectiveness of what I have now which is kinda fun. But someday a speaker change may be the last hurrah and end point. Biggest bang for the buck, but I will need to find used and I want them to mate with my cherished amp I’ve owned over 20 years. Kevin Hayes still listens to a Renaissance amp occasionally at his home after all these years, they're kinda special.

Thank you all for the advice and insight.

Post removed 

I auditioned the Focal Kanta 2, 3, then the Sopra 2 and 3. Ended up taking home the Kanta 3s which weren't far off the Sopra 3 with bass output, but Sopras had a more pronounced mid-range. Stepping down to the 2s was a noticeable drop in bass output on both models.

My room is slightly larger than yours with vaulted ceilings, and the Kanta 3s easily overpower the room with bass without proper treatment. Basic room treatment is a must, but I personally do not feel the need to add subs with the larger 3s.

i've used Gryphon Diablo 120 (clas A/B) and Gato DIA400s integrated amps with my Sopra 2's and the tweeter never sounded 'hot' or bothersome. Quite the opposite...The sopra's sound is full, with a lush midrange, and a very tuneful bass. I can feel the floor (concrete) of my apartment when i crank them up to about 90-92dB. I picked the 2's over the 3's. For a small/medium room, the Sopra 3's might be overwhelming. 

I have decided against the Focals. They are kinda overpriced IMHO, I am seriously looking into the Legacy Audio Focus XD's instead. I've made a deal with a local dealer, jst need to get in and audition them.