Focal Scala Utopia V1 vs Competition in 2017

Hi

I have received a very tempting offer from our dealer of a traded in Scala Utopia V1 for 10k USD. Knowing that it has been released 9 years ago. 

How is the Scala V1 doing compared to the existing speaker market for maximum of 10k? Is the Sopra considered more advanced since it's relatively newer with the recent Focal research development? 

I really don't know if this is a steal bargain or getting rid of a not so good Utopia model. 

Please help 
128x128emerald

Showing 3 responses by emerald

I am happy to hear that it is possibly a good deal. Anybody who compared Sopra to Utopia or otherwise ? 
@bar81 thanks for the advice. However, my setup is too revealing as well. I am using Mac mini > AQ diamond usb > Devialet 250 > AQ meteor > speakers

The whole chain is connected with silver cables. Devialet is considered neutral and reveals the micro details with a SAM software to perfect the base response. 

It might be too hot combo but I kind of like it. 
purchase is done. 

In my system, my cables, my power and my room acoustics. I am an extremely happy owner for the next 5 years. All I would care about now is to find a well matched speaker cables that bests my Audioquest Meteor. 

Looking at Siltech Prince at this point.