Focal Kanta 2

Does anyone have a pair of Focal Kanta 2 speakers?   If so please give me your review.
golferjw

Showing 1 response by mmeeks100

I purchased a pair of Kanta No. 2s about a year ago, I am driving them with a Levinson 585. with my digital source being an Aurender N10.  Speaker cables are Transparent Ultras.  I also have a pair of REL S5/SHO subwoofers.  The Kantas succeed at being both very detailed and dynamic, but never harsh or overly analytical.  I particularly like that while they excel with great recordings, they also are quite enjoyable with average, everyday recordings (which make up the bulk of what I listen to).  

I have heard a few, but by no means most of their competitors, so I can't really make any definitive statements about their competition - other than I obviously liked them better than anything else in their price range that I heard.  

One note - while the Kanta's bass is quite good down to the lower 40s/upper 30s (in my room at least) adding the RELs was really a big plus.  Not just with the lower end, but also with adding a definite sense of air around the performers.  The RELs are quick enough to blend seamlessly with the Kantas.