Focal Electra Be 937's placement

I have finally found out that my music room most be the most acoustically intolerant area of my house.
After setting up several different sets of loudspeakers through the years, decided for a pair of JM Be's 937.
At first I was hoping that time would serve to break in the speakers. Then, time went by and I was extremely dissapointed by the harshness of the famed Be tweeters.
The treble was so remarkable that rendered the loudspeaker's bass inaudible.
I have a 20 x 15 room with a aproximately 8'feet cieling.
After much experimentation and in the verge of looking for some venue to sell the darn gadgets, I decided to toe in the louspeakers "Acutely" so that both practically almost face each other. The results were outstanding. The sound stage widened to the max. Sounds and details appeared to be coming from magical areas of the room. I am in audio nirvana now.
Has anyone had a similar experience? It appears that the concensus is to not toe in loudspeakers too much. I hope that if your are faced with a similar situation you try this; even when i cannot explain why!
128x128drmoles

Showing 1 response by jmarshak

Never needed to toe in. I have the 937s in a 17'x20'x8'H room. The speakers are at the 20' wall, 12' appart and facing along the diagonals. I get a good balance of sound stage and image.