Focal Electra 1038be owners,

what size is your listening room? I am seriously considering trying these, not sure if my room is too big/small. (pretty sure its not too big! )  Room is 14 x 21, with speaks on short wall, listening position about 14-15 ft away. Floor is carpeted and I have some treatments in place.  Thanks in advance for your input.
winoguy17

Showing 1 response by tablejockey

"listening position about 14-15 ft away"
Unless your room doubles as a living space,
distance seems excessive.
Your ears are the final judge. My room is a little narrower-13'4 and longer-28'. I use the Cardas setup. http://www.cardas.com/room_setup_calculators.php
Not for everyone, but I find it the best compromise for all the audio geek sonic requirements. Room treatment, along with the Cardas setup, gives my midfi setup a  boost more than cable madness and ridiculous tweaks.
The Focal 1038's are great speakers. They are on my used list radar.I presently have speakers with dimensions not far off from the 1038's.

Based on the calculator, speakers would be somewhere spaced between 6-7' apart, so your listening sofa would be positioned appropriately for that distance. Unlikely 15 ft away unless, your dealing with living space compromises.
In the end, trust your ears.