Focal diablos vs Dynaudio focus 380 PLEASE HELP

Curious as to what peoples thoughts are comparing these. I know they are both totally different animals but im having a very hard time deciding weather a pair of super high end mini monitors with a JL fathom 12" subs, is a better choice for a wide variety of music vs the dyns (also paired with 2 f112's). The dyns would be able to get me the SPL over the focals, but they probably aren't as smooth, not to mention almost half the price for the setup im considering.. Any thoughts would be most appreciated! The electronics used would be a classe cap2100 and cdp 302 for the focals (roughly $10,000) Or Bryston 4bsst2 with bp 26 and cd1 for the dyns (roughly 18,000 used)
128x128w7_gsr

Showing 1 response by timlub

I have nothing to add to the other comments, as I have not heard the Focals, but I would like to comment on your sub question. I have integrated many subs in different type rooms. It is as much a function of the room as the speaker. If full range placement gives you a 60 hz bump, you can cross below that and move your sub placement to keep good low end, but eleviate the issue with a 60 hz bump... or any frequency for that matter.if there is no bump or dip below 90 where you want to cross, I have also experienced that a higher crossover point can clean up the speaker so that mid bass or even mids can be improved. Proper integration is a matter of the speaker, placement and the room.