Focal Chorus 700

I just by chance heard the Chorus 726v at a dealer, paired with nice Audio Research front end gear. I was rather impressed. I had been looking at the B&W 804D's and where as the cabinet design is much slicker on the B&W. I was again really impressed the sound of the Focal. Does anyone here have any experience comparing the two and / or similar sized Focal's that are higher up the Focal line? I have an all Audio Research front end (CD3 MkII, LS26, VT100MKII) and all transparent cables, etc. Thank you
vdosc

Showing 1 response by vdosc

Thanks for the input. I too was surprised as I had been looking and listening to the $7500 B&W. Then when I happened to hear the Focals (not aware of the price) I was impressed. Then I asked how much and they said something like $1800. I asked "each?" and they said no for the pair! I have found over the years that just because it cost more, doesn't mean it will be that much better. In fact I have heard some very expensive systems (I heard Wilsons with Naim) in NY once I thought my stereo was far more enjoyable to listen too. So thats why I am now curious with the Focal line and wondering what is gained when moving up the line. ie from 700 to 800 . Is it just cabinet finishes or are there sound improvements as well. Thanks