Focal Aria 936 vs 926 bass response

I am looking at a couple of Focal Aria speakers in the same model line, and trying to decide on which will work best in my room. The listening area is 14 x 25 x 8.5, but it opens up into another room of the same size (open concept with a half wall between them). Listening distance is 8-9 feet. I have listened to the 936 and liked it, but am a little concerned that it could be too much bass for my room. Also, I have very limited placement options where these are going. My dealer does not have the 926 in stock so I have not listened to it; I assume it will sound very similar to the 936, but with less bass, so I’m wondering if I can get away with the 926. The 926 is also a little smaller so it has better WAF. There is a return policy at the dealer but ideally I’d like to make the right choice initially.

The frequency response of the speakers is as follows. How much bass will I be missing in practical terms between the two? I know the replies may well be “nobody can tell until you get them into YOUR room” but I thought I’d throw it out for comment anyway.

Focal Aria 936:
Frequency response: (+/- 3dB) 39Hz - 28kHz
Low frequency point: 6 dB 32Hz
Sensitivity: (2.83V / 1m) 92dB
Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms

Focal Aria 926:
Frequency response: (+/- 3dB) 45Hz - 28kHz
Low frequency point: 6 dB 37Hz
Sensitivity: (2.83V / 1m) 91.5dB
Nominal impedance: 8 Ohms
braudio7
 I found the bass of the 948s to be muddy when I auditioned them recently at a local dealer. Not to my tastes at all, and I really appreciat a deep, articulate bass.
I don’t recommend the 948 because they are extremely difficult to get to sound right.  You likely heard a bad setup, but I don’t blame them — they’re extremely hard to set up.

I think the 936 is an absolutely superior sounding speaker.
Post removed 
The room had some issues for certain, but the setup was top notch. Other Focals—Kantas  and Sopras 1 and 3–sounded terrific with the same gear. I realize they are at a different price point but just to say that the 948s were a big disappointment. The amplification was Primaluna HP amp and Dialogue Preamp and source was EAT C-major TT .
Both Revels and Focals can be found heavily discounted. I'm not a huge fan of either, but my opinion, having extensively auditioned both, was that the 936s were overpriced at their MSRP and belong in the $2.5K segment. In contrast, the Revel 208 was a bargain at its MSRP.