Focal Aria 936 / Elac Adante AF-61 / Von Schweikert VR-33 , impressions, thoughts?

Thinking of upgrading my speakers and in the past have just gone with what I thought was a great deal, sometimes that worked, more often it did not!

Have a shortlist right now of those 3 speakers.

Focal Aria 936
Elac Adante AF-61
Von Schweikert VR-33

Presently using Triangle Altea ESW speakers.

What am I lacking right now? Possibly some lower bass, the Triangles are superb in the mids and upper registers but you can definitely tell they are  a little limp below 40hz. And at the end of the day even though I consider them to be fantastic speakers, they were after all only 2k brand new so there are likely better options out there to consider.

So thoughts and impressions on those 3 speakers or any serious contenders in the same sort of price bracket, I am looking at used examples only so think 3k max.

Will be driving them with an Ayre AX-7E integrated which I will NOT be changing anytime soon (famous last words I know!)

Thank you
128x128uberwaltz
TBH, out of the 3 I had listed I favoured the Focal as have had 3 pairs of lesser Focals previously and there really was nothing to dislike about any of them at their given price points.
Also using Triangle speakers right now so I obviously like the sound of French speakers.... go figure!
I have owned the VSA VR-33 speakers for a number of years now.  I have not heard your other two considerations.
I recall when I first received these speakers, I had high hopes for them.  They were replacing a pair of Mirage M-5si's.  Now the Mirages had a decidedly darker voicing that produced an incredible low end response from two rather generic 6.5" woofers.  That and a Rotel 990 power amp produced a room lock low end that I'll never forget.
So when the VR-33's were first fired up you might imagine I wondered where the low end had gone.  Called Albert and was thinking these were not for me.  He encouraged me to give it some time and allow the speaker time to break in.  So I did.  After 300 hours, I stated to realize the old Mirages were indeed rather dark and colored in comparison.  The 33's produced a more neutral and detailed sound.  The bass in fact did show up after break in. 

So years later I listen to them in my second system with great regularity.  One big advantage of this speaker is that it is voiced to do well near the front wall.  I have the rear of the cabinet 14" off the front wall.  They are driven by a Primaluna Dialogue HP which I think is a great match.  The room is open and large.  I would describe the sound as neutrally balanced.  The bass is tight and deep, certainly no boom.  With orchestral pieces, bass drums whacks have very nice, clean impact.  Dynamics with this pairing are very good and lend excitement to the music. The midrange is very clean and seamlessly hand off the the silk tweeter which in nicely extended.  I do not find any edge or bite to this speaker.  As I write this I am listening to a great Naxos CD  Sarastate, Music for Violin and Orchestra.  Spectacular performance by the soloist! (Get this CD!)  The violin if full bodied with all it's nuances wonderfully reproduced by the 33's.  Sweet, soaring, spectacular sound with no desire to turn the music down.  Imaging is very good considering placement.  In my dedicated audio room, my speakers are well out into the room to maximize the sound stage--something I value highly.  I find without this type arrangement I am very unsatisfied.  But with the 33's, they do a remarkable job up against the front wall.  Center image has nice height, and I do achieve extension of the sound stage lateral to the speakers.  Depth may be limited, but this I suspect is more a function of placement than the speaker.
The cabinet is very solid indeed.  Drivers are of high quality, as is the simple first order crossover which integrates the drivers remarkably well.  It's simplicity and high quality, I think, contributes to the nice dynamics and jump factor I note with some music which lends to the illusion of live music.
So yes, I have toyed with what other speakers might do in this room (open baffles in particular) I doubt I will do better when placement factors are considered.  So consider me long term impressed with this speaker.
Thanks Corelli, a little at odds with Stereo5 impression but reinforces my belief that EVERY situation is different.

LoomisJohnson, I did try a sub but even 3 different subs gave me same annoying ground loop hum on phono that I could not eliminate.
@uberwaltz...…………………………………..

I don't get it either as I have never had trouble getting bass in my room.  Even the Conrad-Johnson 200wpc power amp I purchased for them didn't make them sound better.  I am clueless why.  The guy I bought them from told me he didn't care for them either, he went back to his Maggies. The speakers I had before them were the Odyssey Kismet Reference.  They had a 7 inch Scanspeak woofer and Scanspeak silk dome tweeter and the bass was astounding.  When my brother heard them, he was looking everywhere for a subwoofer but there was none.  The VSA are the only speakers I had problems with in that room.  If you can listen before you buy, that would be great.  On the VSA forum on Audio Circle, people are always asking if someone in their area has a certain VSA speaker they could listen to and most of the guys are more than willing.  That may be your best bet.

Seeing as you like the Triangle sound, the Focal may be your cup of tea.  I myself can't get past the BE tweeters as they are quite bright to my ears but they may be just the ticket for you.  If I was ever to buy another pair of speakers, I would go with Legacy Audio.  I have loved every one of their speakers that I have heard.  I spent a lot of time at RMAF listening to them.