Focal Aria 936 / Elac Adante AF-61 / Von Schweikert VR-33 , impressions, thoughts?

Thinking of upgrading my speakers and in the past have just gone with what I thought was a great deal, sometimes that worked, more often it did not!

Have a shortlist right now of those 3 speakers.

Focal Aria 936
Elac Adante AF-61
Von Schweikert VR-33

Presently using Triangle Altea ESW speakers.

What am I lacking right now? Possibly some lower bass, the Triangles are superb in the mids and upper registers but you can definitely tell they are  a little limp below 40hz. And at the end of the day even though I consider them to be fantastic speakers, they were after all only 2k brand new so there are likely better options out there to consider.

So thoughts and impressions on those 3 speakers or any serious contenders in the same sort of price bracket, I am looking at used examples only so think 3k max.

Will be driving them with an Ayre AX-7E integrated which I will NOT be changing anytime soon (famous last words I know!)

Thank you
128x128uberwaltz

Showing 5 responses by jafant

uberwaltz
how are the speakers settling into your system? Yesterday I had a sweet audition with an Ayre AX-5 Twenty Integrated amp. Very nice sound indeed.

Happy Listening!
uberwaltz

Absolutely! It does take time and income to pay for our wonderful hobby.
After 100 hours, you will notice a difference for the better. Then another 100 hours and soforth...   Keep us posted after each 100-hour increment until you feel the speakers have bloomed to taste.

Happy Listening!
uberwaltz
a Florida room is a nice addition to any home. The challenge of room acoustics can be figured out by treatments.  How are you liking the 936?
Happy Listening!
uberwaltz
give the speakers time, at least 200 hours, then start w/ room placement.After 500 hours you will be set and rewarded at the same time. Keep me posted w/ 100 hour-mark updates.  Happy Listening!
uberwaltz-

another +vote for the Focal 936 speaker.  Hope you like them in your system.  Happy Listening!