Focal Aria 926/936

I know the comparison of these two speakers has been brought up here before, but most of the conversation seems to be around the bass response. Despite having slightly lower frequency response, does anyone have any experience comparing the two in other areas of the frequency spectrum? My dealer mentioned that the mid-range driver is crossed over both higher and lower delivering better sound.

I'm leaning toward the 926 since my listening room is only 15' x 15'. Also, the height of the 936 puts the tweeter quite a bit above my ears.
128x128topside3

Showing 1 response by ace17

If you after quality of bass, a tight projection w/discernable tonal nuances and the speed to render transients well, rather than muddying them up, then the 936 is an excellent choice [along w/many others].If you seeking quantity of bass, w/a lot of rumble factor, STOP LOOKING AT SPEAKERS WITH 6.5" DRIVERS.  This should be a given, but it's obvious from some of the comments above, it's not.
As to the original post, which was about the tweeters, I am amazed every day @ how fantastic these inverted domes in the 936s are, whether sitting, standing, centered, off axis ~ better than any AMT or ribbon that I've heard ~ and I was very partial to the MA Gold 100 gen 4, which has a ribbon tweeter...until I heard the Focal.In short, based on my experience w/the 936s, the tweeter height will prove to be a non-factor for you, as it has for me.