Focal 700V series for 5.1 home theater or ???

Newbie here. Am pairing sound with a Panny 58". Just got the Marantz SR7005. Have listened to the Focal 726V and the 826V (separate rooms) - not hearing a ton of difference for the money btw the two BUT I do like the Focal sound. Likely 70/30 Video/Audio use on this setup. Have listened to Paradign, PSB (liked both) B&W (too "tight") and the new entry level Martin Logan (interesting). Room is in a converted barn - primary listening area about 16 x 13 (entire open area is 16 x 39) - vaulted ceiling is over 25'. Speaker budget for 5.1 ideally around 3K but I have wiggle room. Am open to demo/refurb/used. Thanks for any input!
xmobile

Showing 3 responses by xmobile

I'm all about maximizing budget! Am hoping to re-listen to the Focals and probably the ML's in a week or so.
Well ... made the BIG move ... re-listened to a bunch of things yesterday and pulled the trigger on the Focal 836V with 800 series center and sub. ( OF COURSE it was more than I had planned/budgeted for! ;) ) We have a pretty big listeneing area so ... we hope to fill it! Should be starting to set up things in a couple of weeks. Thanks for your input.
Just picked up a Marantz SR 7005 (saved a bit of money there - factory refurb).

Thanks for the tips! You've been very helpful.