Focal 1038be or Revel Ultima Salon 2?

Hi, this is my first post and I am currently looking to upgrade from my Focal 836v speakers. I am running an Anthem p2 connected to a Denon 4810. I amlooking at upgrading the speakers and my components at some point. I am looking currently at Classe, and Anthem, I would like to complete my system with a P5 and D2V but I am willing to go in another direction should my speakers dictate it. I am not buying anytime soon (still saving!) but, any info or thoughts would be great, thanks!

Ac-
128x128new2highend

Showing 2 responses by kiddman

No Focal, not the very top, can equal the refinement, low level detail, coherency, clarity of the Salon 2. Focal is an honest, real company, tries to be green, has a wide lineup, great line for a dealer. But it cannot compete with that stunning achievement that is the Salon 2.
You guys are wrong about the metal drivers. These speakers do NOT sound metallic. Don't look at drivers and mentally project the sound you expect them to make. Just listen.

The Salon 2 are one of the finest speakers ever made, period. They have extremely little character of their own, and if there is a character it might be of slight euphony.....but very slight. This metallic sound talk is total baloney. It makes me question if you have heard them.

I nice stiff 100 watt solid state amp is the minimum to make them go, 200 watts would be better. Forget cheap tubes, but I have heard good results with 200 watt tube amps.