Focal 1028 Be II vs. 1038 Be II -- is the big price difference worth it to go 1038?

After going around and around researching mid size floor standing speakers of every imaginable brand for the last couple years, I'm really tempted, at current used prices, to pick up a set of 1028 Be2(I use the "2" because that is how they are advertised by both dealers and private sellers).   I don't see how you can achieve better all around sound quality in a floor stander for ~$3500.  

But I'd really love a set of 1038 Be2 because of the extra woofer and cabinet volume, but the asking prices are way, way higher than the 1028, with a difference between 1028 and 1038 of as much as $2,500 to $3,000.  You can buy a whole bunch of other stuff with that price difference!

My question is, why is there so much difference in price, considering that even the Focal statistics indicate the 1038 only digging 2 dB deeper in the bass? It's hard to pony up that much more cash if there's not really much noticeable difference in an average room.
mtrot
I have kicked myself more than a few times when a great deal came up and I hesitated just a little too long.   With so much equipment for sale these days, there will be more and better deals to be had and made.  I look at the Classifieds every day, even though I am not interested in buying anything.  You never know what may come up and strike your fancy.  One time I jumped on something here and was so pleased I got the item I wanted...….that was until the seller told me after he got my money that he was ready to lower the asking price quite a bit.  I wish I had not been told that as it left me with a bad taste.  At that point I felt the item was tainted and promptly sold it after receiving it.  I never even hooked it up!  I sold it at a loss but learned my lesson.
@erik_squires

"The 1038 is allegedly deeper, but also harder to drive.

I say allegedly, because how it sounds in your room may have more to do with the room acoustics than the speaker. "
Yes, my room situation is a concern, since I am not able to pull the speakers out into the room like you see with most dedicated two channel setups.  And I've read that the 1038 sound best when pulled out into the room.  Now, the 1028 have both the Front laminar port and the Powerflow back port, which makes me suspect that the 1028 may "hook up" better with my room and system configuration.

@tablejockey

" There is no II version. Just a newer serial number run.They are all the same."
Well, I'm looking at two different sets of 1028 Be in Black Ash on Agon, and they are different on the front of them.  On one set, the Focal logo on the front bottom of the speakers is solid white.  On the other set, that logo is formed by an outline of white and there is black within the outline.  Which makes me think there is more than one version available.
mtrot- there may be minor aesthetic change, but specs,build remained unchanged.