Floorstanders for small rooms? Budget $1200 used

Hi again,

Well, I am still looking at some speaker suggestions, this time for some floor-standing models that work well in smaller rooms. I listen mostly to classic jazz, but also electronic, vocals, classical, and some rock. I need a pretty versatile speaker. My associated equipment is C-J PV10A preamp, MF-2200 amp, Von Schweikert VR-2000 speaker, Arcam CD73T CDP.

My system is pretty warm and lush at this point, so I probably want something maybe a bit more detailed (changing preamp may help too). My current speakers seem pretty musical and not too detailed. They are bit 4-way speakers with a 10" driver and response down to 26hz, and probably a bit too much for the place I am moving to soon (although I won't purchase a new pair until after the move (and I know the speakers won't work). The speakers will be used in a room 11x14ish, with the listening end up against the far wall.

So far I have been thinking about the Soliloquy 5.3's (already posted on this), but am looking for other suggestions as well. I have a budget of no more than $1200 to spend on a speaker (probably used/demo) at this time.

Thanks for any suggestions!
chiho

Showing 1 response by jimd

There are a pair of Soliloquy 6.3s for sale here on Audiogon. There are listed for $1199 with free shipping. These are the next to the top of the line 6.5s which I have and love. Jim